"There is something so amiable in the prejudices of a young mind, that one is sorry to see them give way to the reception of more general opinions." -Jane Austen

February 15, 2013

The Innkeeper

I don't really have anything profound to say tonight.

Maybe because I am losing my creative edge, but I suspect it is mostly because I am distracted.

You see, today, I made time to open my home. To my best friends and sisters, Amy and Ashley. To their husbands, Darren and Adam. To their baby, Mason. To their dog, Carson.

I cleaned and cooked and prepped breakfast options for tomorrow morning. I washed a billion sheets and towels. I baked brownies so the house would smell homey. I picked up everything at little boy level, also known as baby proofing. I went to Target (twice) and the grocery.

And I could not be happier.

Family. Friends. Home.
I am not sure there's much in the world that's more worthy of my time. And my love.

My cup runneth over,
Amanda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally agreed. Nothing like preparing your home for friends that are more like family!