"There is something so amiable in the prejudices of a young mind, that one is sorry to see them give way to the reception of more general opinions." -Jane Austen

March 4, 2013

Namaste


In college, I practiced yoga. Four days a week.
Since college, I've practiced yoga. Four times total. (or there abouts)

I love yoga. I love the movement. I love the stillness. I love the general practice of body and breathing. But I havent had time for it.

On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week, I pulled out my yoga mat, and downward dogged my way back into the practice. I realized I am not as limber as I used to be but my muscles still remembered the poses. As a result, I slept better and I felt better.

Exercise is often one of the first things to slip off my list. Because I dont "have time" for it. And because I dont generally like to do it. However, by making some time, I remembered that my body needs the exercise, my mind needs the calm. And while I may never be a master yogini, I can take steps to shaping my body and mind to a healthier zone.

Plus, who can resist the "Happy Baby" pose?! :)

Namaste,
Amanda

No comments: